The purpose of St. James Episcopal School is to offer an exemplary educational program that emphasizes the training and development of the whole child: spiritually, academically, morally, emotionally, and physically.
To be the premier, self-sustaining educational program for young children in the Montgomery County community.
- To respect each child’s individuality and rights, thereby promoting a healthy self-image to encourage positive relationships.
- To create within each child a love of learning.
- To provide a child-centered environment that encourages natural participation, exploration, curiosity, and aesthetic appreciation.
- To foster an atmosphere of academic excellence.
- To develop an awareness and appreciation for the world God gave us.
- To encourage each student as an individual to live a creative, humane and compassionate life worth of a child of God. To work in partnership with parents to maximize learning.
- To work in partnership with parents to maximize learning.
St. James Episcopal School Logo
Noah’s Ark remind us of four things:
- Obedience to God: We try to do as God asks.
- We are a community, and we take care of one another.
- We are responsible for taking care of our earth.
- God keeps his promises to us.
The fish reminds us that we are Christians.
The wave reminds us of our Baptism.
The dove reminds us that God is always with us through the Holy Spirit.